Saturday, April 13, 2019

Week 2 Post

Photographer of the Week:
-My Photographer of the week is Art Wolfe. Art is an award-winning wildlife photographer from Seattle, Washington and has been blowing people away with his photos for over 50 years. Over his 50 years of photography, he has taken an estimated 3 million photos and has traveled to every continent to do so. Wolfe's work has been seen in the National Geographic, Smithsonian, Audubon, GEO, and Terre Sauvage. What I love most about his work is the passion for his pictures, and how he continues to find the beauty in everything around him. In 1978 he published his first book with Dr Allan Lobb called, "Indian Baskets of the Northwest Coast". Dr. Lobb loved Wolfe's work so much that he began putting it up in the Swedish Medical Center, where it began to be notarized by people all over the world.


Lynsey Addario:

- So far in Lynsey Addario's book I have really enjoyed the passion that she brings to her photography and how she started with just a small Nikon camera. What I also like about Lynsey is she never really new what she was getting herself into when she would go on her trips, she just knew that she loved it. The courage that it would take to go to a foreign place with only your camera and a little bit of money is crazy to me. I think that as photojournalist students, we can learn a lot from the way that Lynsey lives life, chasing her dreams and doing whatever makes her happy. My favorite quote so far is "It was a way to tell a story. It was the marriage of travel and foreign cultures and curiosity and photography. It was photojournalism"(19). I loved this quote because I feel a lot of people think that photojournalism is just taking pictures, but it's more about the story of a picture and I feel that Lynsey has done a great job showing that.




No comments:

Post a Comment