Sunday, April 21, 2019

Week 3 Post

Topic 1: For my environmental portraits I was thinking one of the baseball coaches would be a fun shoot. Both coaches are young and somewhat new to the job, so it would be cool to get know them. The best environment would be after practice so I could set him up in good lighting and he wouldn't be busy. Some good props for the picture would be a bat and glove or in the dugout with the props behind him. I know Mike and Andy pretty well from playing baseball and I think they would be okay with it anytime they are not busy. My second idea would be doing a shoot on my roommate Jack, who has been a tree trimmer for over 3 years. Jack has all of the gear and equipment that we could use for props. I see Jack everyday and we actually have a tree in our back yard that needs trimmed, so it would work out great to get some shots of that.


Topic 2: The best picture that I've taken this year is the one that I took of Kylen and Alex playing guitar in the courtyard. I've also taken some very beautiful pictures at the tulip festival but haven't posted them for the class. What I love most about this photo is how well the colors pop, and how it gives the viewer an idea of whats going on and where they are at. My worst photos this year came from my first "Humans of LBCC" post because of the fact that I didn't have very much experience or a camera. Since then I feel I have learned a lot about the quality of photos and how to take pictures that capture what is going on. I think to improve I need to start bringing my camera everywhere I go, and get a feel for what is good lighting and what is not. The more pictures that I take, the more that I will learn and that is exactly what my goal is for this upcoming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment